Updated Tuesday, December 15
At the USASF, the health and safety of our athletes, coaches, families, friends and employees is our top priority. We are diligently monitoring information from health authorities and local governments and working with our Walt Disney World Resort contacts to promote the healthiest and safest environment possible at The Cheerleading and Dance Worlds™ 2021.
As you prepare your visit, please be aware of these enhanced health and safety measures that will be in place. These updates are based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies.
Please note this is a fluid situation and subject to change.
Updated Wednesday, April 29
We have decided that the USASF Worlds that was rescheduled for the last week in June is canceled. We are deeply saddened that this is the decision for 2020 Worlds and sincerely share in everyone’s disappointment surrounding the cancellation. For information regarding refunds, please click here.
Updated Friday, April 24
Earlier this month we promised a final decision by April 24 as to whether The USASF Cheerleading and Dance World Championship would be possible for 2020. The USASF sent a survey to U.S. bid recipients to measure their intention to participate if Worlds were held at the end of June. The data tells us we would expect a World Championship with no international teams and a diminished presence of U.S teams.
We have decided that the USASF Worlds that was rescheduled for the last week in June is canceled. We are deeply saddened that this is the decision for 2020 Worlds and sincerely share in everyone’s disappointment surrounding the cancellation. With great hope we look forward to a tremendous 2021 Worlds.
The IASF is considering holding The IASF World Championship for International and Open Divisions potentially in late September or early October 2020 in conjunction with the ICU World Cheerleading Championship. A survey will be sent to teams that compete in those divisions to determine interest in an event at that time.
Please look for additional details to come:
The USASF, IASF and all of All Star is in this together. COVID-19 has turned our sport upside down this year, but as a worldwide community, All Star is resilient and strong. We stand committed to helping each other through it in a way that strengthens athletes and their families, coaches, club owners, event producers, supplier companies and all of us.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work through possibilities together. Know that the health and safety of the athletes and all participants will continue to be at the core of every decision we make.
Updated Tuesday, April 7
We're all doing our very best to navigate through the incredible uncertainty that the COVID-19 virus has hit us all with. We're listening to All Star Clubs and their growing concerns over the health and well-being of the cheer and dance community in addition to the unpredictability of the financial effects on their businesses. While there are still more questions than answers, the USASF will, without compromise, continue to adhere to direction of the Centers for Disease Control ("CDC") and World Health Organization ("WHO"), local and state authorities and experts, and Worlds will only be held if the information coming from the experts indicate large events are once again appropriate.
We have been working closely with Walt Disney World (even while they are closed) and our current hope is to host Worlds near the end of June. Be assured that, if Worlds does not occur, or if you already have registered and decide not to attend, you will receive a full refund. These are our benchmarks for decision making:
As we talk to clubs about their hopes for this season, we're hearing that some have decided to end their season now and some are hopeful for the possibility of an extended season. We understand and appreciate that participating at Worlds is, first and foremost, an individual and then a team and club decision. We know that you all will make a deliberate, thoughtful and best decision for you. When we see you either at Worlds this June or at events next season, we'll look forward to experiencing all of All Star…together.
Updated Sunday, March 15
Nothing is more important to the USASF than the safety of our athletes, coaches, families, and friends. As such, the USASF is closely following COVID-19 guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and state and local authorities. The CDC just announced their recommendation to cancel or postpone events with 50 or more people for the next 8 weeks, until May 8th.
Based on the new CDC recommendations, the USASF will not be holding Worlds on April 24-26 and is exploring all options, including delaying Worlds, following a suspended and then reinstated competition season, hosting a virtual Worlds, and many other possibilities in an effort to continue to provide the best total competition experience possible in the present circumstances.
We believe the new plan is the best of many options given what we know now. We will continue to keep abreast of the latest developments in this rapidly evolving emergency and keep a positive outlook moving forward in everyone's best interests.
Thank you for your patience as we all hope this situation will improve.